Lets talk about dementia – meet our Wayfinders
During our Wayfinding Week – 13th – 17th May, we will be visiting various local West Sussex towns to offer support to the local community.
Come along and chat to the dementia Wayfinding Team for information, advice and emotional support. Look out for them on their Pink Sofa.
Dementia Support has unique Wayfinders – individuals who provide emotional support and practical advice to enable people to navigate the dementia world.
“It is an honour and a privilege to support people living with dementia. No-one should struggle alone with this disease, as a Wayfinder I will always be there for people living with dementia and their families and friends. Caring for a loved one with dementia can be tough, both in a practical sense and emotionally. I am very proud to be a Wayfinder and look forward to meeting people on our pink sofa. Come over and say hello.” Jacquie Pond, one of the Wayfinders at Dementia Support.
Whether you are living with dementia or a family member has dementia, stop by the pink sofa and have your questions answered. You can find the sofa and the Wayfinders in the following locations.
• Monday 13th 9.30am – 12.30pm – Bognor High Street nr Santander Bank
• Monday 13th 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Rose Green, outside Co-op Funeral Care/ Rose Green Post Office
• Tuesday 14th 9.30am – 12.30pm – Pagham, The Parade (outside Co-op Funeral Care)
• Tuesday 14th 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Chichester, outside Chichester District Council Car Park, Friary Lane
• Wednesday 15th 9.30am – 12.30pm – Petworth, outside The Star & Leconfield Hall
• Wednesday 15th 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Fittleworth Community Shop, School Lane
• Thursday 16th – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Arundel, The Arundel Surgery, Green Lane Close
• Thursday 16th – 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Barnham, outside Co-op Funeral care, Barnham Road
• Friday 17th – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Selsey, outside Selsey Co-op (next to doctors surgery)
• Friday 17th – 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Witterings – Witterings Medical Centre, Cakeham Road, East Wittering.
Our Wayfinder Appeal
Every 3 minutes somebody will develop dementia; that could be someone in your family. The charity wants to reach everyone affected by dementia in our West Sussex area.
Currently the Wayfinding team can only reach 10% of people in our area, so Dementia Support has launched a new £1 million Appeal to help fund more vital Wayfinders and dementia services at Sage House and out in the community. This will reduce loneliness, give the best quality care, provide hope and support for the whole family affected by dementia.
To donate to the Wayfinder Appeal today:
visit www.dementia-support.org.uk/donate or £10 text WAY to 70085 (this will cost £10 plus your standard text message rate).