We are looking for trustees to join us, as a number of our current Board are reaching the end of their tenure. It is an important time for the charity with a new strategy in place to grow the charity and the services that we provide across West Sussex.
You will be involved in a very exciting chapter for our Charity as we expand our services, you will play a key role in making it possible.
About Dementia Support
Dementia Support is a young local charity based in Tangmere near Chichester and we have now created the first ever ‘one-stop shop’ for those living directly or indirectly with dementia. In our state-of-the-art Hub Sage House which opened in May 2018, we deliver a wide range of vital services under one roof, providing the latest support, information, advice, activities and care to those living with dementia and memory loss.
Following the successful launch of Sage House, we are entering our next exciting phase which involves growing the charity across West Sussex and ultimately to a National level.
At this time, we are looking for trustees particularly with backgrounds in Health and Social Care, Finance, and Human Resources who can provide guidance and expertise to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
We are keen to offer opportunities to people in the early to mid-stages of their career who may be looking to gain board experience as part of their professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, trustees and volunteers. We celebrate diversity and applications are actively encouraged from people living with dementia and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This is a voluntary, unpaid role and each year you will commit to:
- Attending 6 board meetings, these are bi-monthly on a Thursday from 9.30 to 12.30pm
- Attending 6 Interim meetings on the alternate month wherever possible. 2 of these meetings are often Strategy meetings and attendance is important
- Attending relevant committee meetings, usually bi monthly
- Additional time commitments may be necessary to fulfil the role of a trustee attending events
Trustee –Person Specification
- Commitment to the organisation and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort – a knowledge and understanding of dementia is advantageous
- Can demonstrate experience of working at a strategic level and as part of a team
- Evidence of demonstrating sound judgment and effective decision making with a willingness to express their views
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Demonstrates fairness and the importance of confidentiality and understands the need to promote and implement equality and fairness
If you are interested in applying for a trusteeship please email our HR Trustee; email@example.com
Read the full job description
Dementia Support is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of people living with Dementia and their Carers, and it expects both staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks, including references and a Disclosure & Barring Service check.